Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001?

I remember getting up that morning and turning on my tv, ususally I wouldn't turn on my tv in the mornings, but some reason I did that morning.  I remember I had maybe been watching the news a couple of mins when the 2nd plane hit the tower, and watching in horror I sat there sobbing uncontrollably and Shyanne asking what was wrong?  As I tried to explain to her and Austin what was going on, all the while trying to get them ready for school, I watched my kids cry and have compassion for people that they had never even met, and although I knew they didn't quite comprehend what it all meant, we all felt something that morning that will never be forgotten.  I remember hugging them both a little longer and telling them how much I loved them we walked out the door to get in Jennifer's car, and   Jen asking why we looked like we had been crying?  I said to her you haven't had your tv on have you?  I briefly described what was happening and told her to go home and turn on her tv.  May we never forget those that lost their lives that day and those that continually risk their lives to defend ours and this wonderful country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment